In an effort to consolidate some posts from elswhere, here is one I wrote in 2020 about the uBitx v5 I built.
This was my first HF radio, and I made lots of great contacts on it before I upgraded to an Icom IC7300.
Some quick details on modifications I made to this radio:
- IF Tap to use an external SDR as a panadapter
- Switched RX port, shares antenna with a wide bandwidth SDR, grounds on TX
- DSP S-Meter/Spectrum Scope
- KD8CEC Firmware
- 3.2" Nextion Touch SCreen
- P-Channel MOSFET reverse polarity protection & fused power input
- Built in USB Soundcard
- External tuner control for my LDG antenna tuner.